Do you ever not really like yourself? I know "who" I want to be, but just am not there! I mean, I know God had such bigger plans and growth goals for me and I know what they are. I know my areas of weakness and areas that I could be developing, but yet I don't.
For instance, I know what I should be doing at home. And yet, I continually change directions or let not feeling well discourage me.
I have a great husband and life. Things to do that I love...
So maybe this would go easier if I made a list (as I am a obsessive planner):
1. Lose the tude! I have found the word "annoying" in my vocabulary a whole lot lately! Like I am not annoying to anyone?! But what this does is set a tone to my day. I want to lose this attitude so that I can be more at peace, more loving and more joyful.
2. Focus, focus, focus... Since I am an organizer, I will make lists in my planner and will work from the lists. Not fly of the seat of my pants for the fun of it.
3. Discipline. Yes, this feels like a big one to me. Discipline in areas of devotions, heart attitude, money, time, work... The list goes on and on. Again, I will work on a list of areas to look at and will try to make some improvements.
4. Contentment! Again, this is probably a discipline, but also a heart attitude. I have much to be thankful for and yet I am often not content. Going to make list of areas of discontent. Then will come a list of how to improve. This will either mean getting busy or letting go.
5. Nutrition.
Ok, so there are my five biggies. Seems painful and overwhelming. It is a very honest look at where I am and what I know I should be doing.
I pray God will walk with me on this journey of becoming the women God has created me to be.
2 comments:
I love the statement you made, "get busy or let go". I'm going to use that one!
And I'm right there with you on a lot of these! Let's encourage each other! Love you!
Yes, let's talk about how we are doing and help each other keep on track.
Post a Comment