Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Coming

Christmas is coming and I am getting so excited.  I feel like a kid today!  All excited and filled with anticipation!  

Megan and her family and Mandy and her family will be here at the end of this week.  We spent all weekend getting lots of food (and with Rod, you know that means lots of treats) and all the gifts.  Last night we got all the gifts wrapped and this morning I got all the food (and treats) put away ready for easy access.

So I have a few more days to get my baking done and clean this house.  The stress and overwhelming - ness of Christmas has now passed and I feel like I can relax and enjoy.  What doesn't get done, won't matter! 

I am sad that Julie won't be here, tho.  Carrie asked me this morning if she could come over and take a huge family photo and my first response was no, my whole family won't be here.  I know this is just how it is, but whenever we aren't all together, my heart cries a little.  I know Julie is happy and I was so blessed to see her recently, so I know all is ok.  Just one of those things a mom has to carry in her heart.

I will have a fun christmas and I am praying all my readers do as well!  Remember, to leave Christ in Christmas!  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How sweet was that? I am very glad you finally updated your blog! I wrapped all my gifts lastnight as well :)

Julie said...

I wish we could be there too! The kids, of course, have to be back at their mother's Christmas day, by lunchtime.

P.S. That dark choc caramel and sea salt bark looks delish!!!