Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall!

Ok, the trees were not all that spectacular, but still, it is fall!  There is just something about fall that causes me to want to snuggle in, get organized, and get busy!  Rod was out of town this week and I could have gone anywhere I wanted, anytime of the day.  What did I do?  Stayed home and did the laundry and cleaned.   Oh but wait, that isn't all.  I spent monday sewing in between the loads of laundry.  Tuesday I hemmed about 6 skirts.  Wednesday I was under the weather but knit and finished one hat for APS and knit another one!  I also worked all week on the Bible Study Lesson.

Ok, that brings me to a topic on my mind.  Bible Study.  We are in Luke 6 and last time we looked at the Beatitudes starting in verse 20.  I decided that we needed to dig deeper in them before moving on.  I was very excited to find out so much more about those few verses.  I was so disappointed that there were only two other ladies at study on wednesday night.  How sad.  We had a great time, tho and they were glad we reviewed the Beatitudes.

Thursday morning Bible study went well too.  My sister Jan has joined us this year, and it is such fun to see her enjoying being in the Word.  Last week Carol and Jan attended a brunch with me at a Missions Event.  We heard "Julie" speak about her time with her family in China.  It was really eye opening to see the sacrifice she is making for the work of the gospel.

I have been buying up mittens from walmart.  They are $1.40 for two pair!  I have three sizes:  baby, kid, and adult.  I am knitting hats to match and giving them to Penny Myers for the foster kids store.  I have knit 6 hats so far and am enjoying picking out yarns to match.

Another project currently in my knitting basket is booties.  Akron Pregnancy Services has need for baby items.  I have knit blankets, sweaters, hats and booties.  Lately, I seem to be focused on the booties.  I am working on my own pattern.  You know, we can never just knit, we have to change it up to make it our own!


No comments: