I am home again. I had gone to visit Mandy this week. Had a very fun time. We did some shopping and hanging out. My favorite thing we did was a spontaneous nature walk at a park near their house. We saw lots of fall wildflowers and saw several kinds of bugs. I had the kids convinced their was a crocodile in the pond. As we walked around the path and came to the other side of the pond, we discovered the "eyes" of the crocodile were really turtles. Nine of them all sunning themselves. Great fun!
I have used blue Yorktowne Pfaltzgraph for 35 years and am pretty tired of it. I have stuck with it because of all the extra pieces I have and because it doesn't break very often. Well, I came home and looked at some new dishes and just could not bring myself to spend the money when I have perfectly good dishes. So I came home... But then this morning I had a lightbulb moment! I packed all the blue dishes into the cupboard in the basement and washed my china. It fits perfectly in the cupboard, and as Tasha Tudor said "Why have pretty things if you don't enjoy them?!" I will be very careful with them, but I do know that for quite a large fee, I can replace any piece from a web site on the internet. So, that would still be cheaper than buying all new dishes. And, I love the simplified cupboards!
We are also talking about tearing out all the mudroom closets and cupboards and sliding in some cabinets. (One is in the basement and where I put the blue dishes-this could be a problem). I would love to brighten up, clean up and organize that whole area. I have some amazing appliances, but no place to put them.
All this to say, it feels good to be home and I am ready for fall: layering clothes, baking, sewing etc. And, we have decided to join a home group. This one is right up our alley - no study - just food and fellowship! I love that. We get enough study from our ministry commitements and personal study time, so I can't wait to have some fun with these friends. Plus, I get to try some of the Pinterest recipes I have kept.

No comments:
Post a Comment