So I begin a new year with a new attitude. Let me preface that with the fact that 2012 was a year of getting my head together. I had to work through some things and make some changes. Yes, it did take all year, as a matter of fact! But I am so excited with where God is taking me and using me. I am now the person behind the scenes of CrossPoint Connections which is an activity based program and my mission statement is to create amospheres where people can have fun and build relationships where God can work in hearts for spiritual growth. I am no longer teaching and am able to travel more to visit my girls/families and also with Rod. I volunteer in the office on monday and friday's when I am in town. I attend Bible Study on thursday mornings. Freedom to travel and create! That is my goal. Travel only because that is how I can see my family, create because I have a great need to make things for charity. A new CPC will be a craft group that will begin meeting soon for the soul purpose of creating things for charity. I am very excited about this and believe this is a direct blessing from God for my faithfulness. So far we have about 5 ladies wanting to connect in this work.
Ok, so now my head is together and I can recognize God and His blessings in my life. Gone is the discouragement, anger and frustration. So, I begin 2013 with the heart attitude of getting the rest of my life together. We moved here 3 years ago and I have been overwhelmed and crowded. Rod has completed my new mud room and panty areas. I am so pleased with them. I was able to really work through a lot of clutter and feel great about these two areas.
So much better than the old green trim and torn and stained wallpaper! New ceiling as well! Great job, honey!
We have also created a new workout room. I have decided to walk the treadmill for 30 minutes every monday, wednesday and friday. Along with that commitment, I am starting to discipline myself to have devotions every morning. I really love holding my own Bible, but sometimes I just have to accept that using my tablet is the best option.
Another area of change is the living room/dining room. I am attempting to put the tv in the opposite corner and putting our chairs on the dining room wall. The couch has been moved to sit across the corner with the serving table behind it. I am waiting for Rod to move the tv to be sure this will all work. His chair has not been moved as it will switch with the tv. I like being able to see out the front window and it is warmer where my chair is now. The dining room has lost the serving table which really helps open up the room. I have to clean it, but feel it will be so much easier to keep clean now. The kitchen is still a work in progress. I was able to really clear out some cupboards with moving lots to the pantry. The exterior of the cupboards is what still needs work. I have too much sitting out and really want to clear more. I am not sure how, but will keep at it.
So this is my 2013 wish! To clear out, organize and keep clean! I think I am off to a good start, hit the ground running, so to speak (yes, I do have new tennies on)! Maybe another cup of coffee first...
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Yes, always another cup of coffee or tea! I am heading to do that myself! Can't wait to benefit from all your traveling! ;) AND LOVE the new mudroom. Looks so fresh and fabulous!!!! Also, noticed you have red again in kitchen. Shane says I have too much stuff so if you want some of your red stuff back you are welcome to it.
What part of "clearing out" did you not hear? Just kidding. Will see what you don't want next time I come that way. I still have the big appliances out and am working on getting them into a cupboard. We got new chairs for the island and I just love them. I really hope the tv and Rod's chair switch successfully. The couch looks nice across the corner, but that depends on tv etc. Anyway, I keep at it! Thanks for your comments. Fun to connect with you!
Post a Comment