Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home

Due to the weather, I am staying in alot.  I went out Tuesday and Friday last week, and really seemed that the tiredness and pain just is not worth whatever I may go out for.  So this week I am in.  I may go do bulletins tomorrow, haven't decided.  Joanns has floss on sale and I wanted to get some more colors.  Which leads me to what is on my heart...

Knitting!  I love it!  I know, you did not know that!    I have two sweaters in progress and really get bored and uninspired to work on them.  I don't really need either one!  I will certainly finish the swirl sweater cuz Rod spent a fortune on that project, but not sure about the other one.  I really enjoy quicker projects for charity.  I really have a lot of charity yarn and since hats are not in demand right now, I have started some baby blankets.  The pink is for Lorelai and the other one will be for charity.  Mandy, when you find out what #4 is, I would love to knit one for that baby too.



But seriously, I have other things I enjoy as well, maybe not quite as much, but still...  What I am saying is that with all this time home I am really trying to get R done.  I still have that bookcase of fabric.  I have done a lot of projects, but the pile never seems to go down.  Well this has been on my mind-what do I love to do and why, exactly, am I not doing it?  I really most enjoy projects for charity.  Why, you ask, I don't really know except that I believe that God laid that on my heart many years ago.  So in lieu of that, how can I use the fabric?  I really like making lap quilts.  I know, another, no surprise.  I love just sewing some simple squares together and hope that it brings love and joy to whoever gets it.  So I got busy and am half done with 6 kids quilts.  When they are done I plan on cutting squares from lots of the fabrics and making lap quilts.  All these quilts I am going to take to Akron Childrens hospital where I hope they get lots of love.


So, I also just figured out how to take pics with my tablet and then post on blog.  Pretty cool.  Now maybe I will write more often.

So another thing I enjoy is hand embroidery.  Jan and I went to Amish country and we picked up alot of ideas.  I am working on a little spring quilt and bought the stand that I will put on serving table behind the couch.

So now I want to show you some more projects:


So this is my current project.  I hope you can see the stand pictured in the packet.  These projects are quick and I have always loved seasonal things like this.  Jan and I also picked up some books that reminded me of some holly leaves I bought at the gift shop next door.




See the joined snowmen? And the joined tulips and leaves?  These can be table mats or whatever.

I also picked up some other seasonal project ideas and I am so excited about these too!  
So, while I may get lonesome, I am never bored!  Joy is being content wherever I am.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun projects!!!! If you wanted to make I spy quilts for Meredith's babies, I know she would love them!