Saturday, April 13, 2013

Done and Fun

Today I finished my first real crochet project.  I have to say I really enjoyed working on it.  It went very fast and the stitch was fun to do.  I added the scallop edge to both items because my crochet edging is still kinda crooked.


I should send a pic to Shirley Rodgers cuz she helped me understand some basics of crochet.  I have no idea exactly what stitch or pattern this is, but that is the beauty of crochet.  You can wing it as you go along.  For the decreases at the crown of the hat, I did a row regular but every other stitch, then dropped down several sizes in crochet hooks and finished it off.  Then I added the scallop along the bottom edge.
Rod has been travelling lots with work.  In fact every week for almost two months.  I am determined to stay busy and content.  I read this recently and have really been thinking about it.  Read this from Mother Theresa:

Humility List-
1.  Speak as little as possible about yourselves.
2.  Keep busy with your own affairs and not those of others.
3.  Avoid curiosity.
4.  Do not interfere in the affairs of others.
5.  Accept small irritations with good humor.
6.  Do not dwell on the faults of others.
7.  Accept censure, even if unmerited.
8.  Give in to the will of others.
9.  Accept insults and injuries.
10.  Accept contemt, being forgotten and disregarded.
11.  Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.

So keeping busy at home with projects like these help me to be content and at peace.


No comments: