Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Back to Copley

After a year in NC, we have returned to Cleve-Mass. Road.  The year in NC was a dream come true!  I still grieve the loss of that life.  I had the beach, sunshine, Julie, a great church etc.  Rod received a great job offer here in Akron.  It seems like I am finally slowing down to see this as reality.  Tears come still as I ponder my life changes.  When all this happened, Rod asked if I could be happy going back and I quickly said yes as long as he was there.  That is still true, but that doesn't mean my heart hasn't broke accepting the change.


All that said, I see God's hand on the changes.  Coming back has given me a "Do Over" attitude to change the things that were not right for me.  We have been able to change to a different church, We have started a Homegroup and are building relationships and friendships.  We have reconnected with many of our friends and family.  I have personal freedom and am being careful to fill my time with things that matter and bring me joy.  We joined the Akron General Wellness Center Lifestyles and have been enjoying swimming laps and taking a Warm Water Therapy Class.  We have also been through their  initial assessments for us and given us a plan of exercises for healthy living.

Turning 60 next year is almost more than I can comprehend!  With that comes the thought that I really want to focus on what God has laid on my heart to accomplish.  I am continuing to make the Chemo Quilts for Kids as well as knitting baby items for Pregnancy Crisis Centers.


Joy is attainable only when I focus on tasks at hand and all the blessings in my life.

No comments: