I just love living here! Have I said that yet? Probably several times. We get to do so many things, and quite frankly, in Copley, I was dying a slow death. Really. The winter was so bad I hardly left the house and when I did Rod would warm the car, pick me up at the door, wear my face mask...you get the idea. Down here it does get very hot and sometimes humid so I stay indoors or he picks me up in the cooled down car. But, the sun shines most everyday; I have a time every morning to drink my coffee out on the front porch (even if I do have to have a fan running right at my face); we can take walks on the beach because there is always a breeze, on and on.... Last night we got to take dinner over to Lily and Hudson. Rod went swimming with them while I went to Bible Study then we met for frozen yogurt afterwards. They are great kids and I love being with them. Next time I am gonna whip their butts in water basketball, maybe...We get to go to Cathy's beachouse this weekend for the 4th. I am packing my knitting bag first! Decided not to do the cabled shawl pattern we got in Chicago. Gonna go back to my fav pattern and do the Seafoam shawl because I have lots of yarn to make it big and will be so yummy to wear wrapped around my neck or as a wrap to keep the chill of ac at bay.
After one cup of coffee, we have been getting on our bikes and riding 3 miles every morning this week. I really hope to keep doing this. I have been getting up at 6 because I just love my early morning porch time. By 7 we are heading out on our bikes. I would never have believed it, but yep, I am doing it. Course, by 9 pm I am dozing in my chair!
I am taking it slow getting involved and committing to things. I do want to stop by a nursing home that is on the way to Julie's house and see if they can use lap quilts or walker bags. Will let you know when I go and what they say. I have had orders come in from Megan for her kids, so I certainly am never at a loss of things to sew! One day I would love to knit a
cabled sweater for each of the grandkids. I was thinking of starting now and just make them a small adult size. Deciding on yarn as well as I don't think they would want wool or even alpaca. Needs to be really soft yet durable and washable. Thoughts?
Hubs taking me to lunch. Bye now.
No comments:
Post a Comment