Tuesday, December 18, 2018
New Post, New Life
My friend Kellie started writing a blog. I have found it very encouraging way to connect with her, but she also helped me see the worth of simple memories. Thank you, Kellie.
So with that said, I find myself at a true life changing time for Rodney and I. He retires this Friday. We have loose plans for travel and moving. Everything will change. So I want to stop and consider the last few years (or more) and appreciate some simple memories.
Ever since my girls got married and moved away, I have taken on Luke 2:19. It says, “But Mary was treasuring up all these things in her heart and meditating on them.” I have really tried to be in the moments with my kids and grandkids, to cherish the visits and then appreciate the quiet. Life has passed so quickly. I am sad and shocked to be 62 years old. So many things I would do differently and yet love the big decisions I have made.
I am so blessed and thankful to have married Rodney. All we have lived... Through it all, our love has grown and been sweet. As we begin this new chapter, there is no one I would rather be with. The difficult times brought us here. I will never be sorry for that.
One memory I think of is Myrtle Beach. We would go for spring break and camp along the beach. Some years were warm and some were very cold. We always tried to make the best of it. I remember what was probably our last time, the weather was cool and as always I loved to walk the beach. The girls had no interest and refused to leave the camper. I was heartbroken as I felt that we wasted the money on that trip. What I have since learned is that was one of the favorite trips for the girls. They talk of staying in together and talking, reading and who knows what else. Who knew that God was preparing my heart for them leaving the nest and Rod and I having more time for quiet walks on the beach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment