2019
It is now December 30th and a year has gone by. I was going to blog my way through it sharing my devotion thoughts as well as what is happening in my life. I did not do very well!
We have spent the entire year building a new house (ok, Rod did the building and I watched). For me it seemed to take forever, but as I look back, we were busy and Rod loved every minute of it. He built 2 sheds. One for his workshop and one for yard work. Then he got busy building our walls, installing electrical, the flooring, the cabinets, painting, lighting on and on! I am so proud of him. It has turned out beautifully.
We still can not officially move in so we decided to end our lease on rental house and move boxes and furniture into new home, just stacked up tight like a too small storage bin. Whew! We are almost done. Took us 3 weeks to pack and move. 2 more days and we will be done.
Then we will hit the road! We head to see Mandy, then to see Julie, Dad Snyder, then 6 weeks in Florida. We are very tired and ready for some family fun time.
I have decided to try again to blog more and share. I especially want to share what God is teaching me through His Word. In 2019 I was blessed to be able to start a community service group at the local Rec Center. I look back at how easily I found a place, advertised, found recipients, ladies came and all to the glory of God. He heard my prayer and gave me a lifelong desire of my heart. The ladies have truly encouraged my heart with their kindness and enthusiasm. I was also able to extend “Helping Hands” to include a group of young ladies at Trinity Community Church
who wanted to do a service project. They exceeded my expectations and will continue while I am away. Sweethearts!
I will end this with Psalm 119:36-37
“Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your Word.”
So much time I have wasted on worthless things. I want my commitment for 2020 to focus on this verse. Be in the Word and do worthwhile things. And I am sure fun will be involved!
I would love to pray for you. Please feel free to txt, email, or message me and it would be my honor.
Happy New Year and may we all grow in our love and knowledge of God in 2020.


No comments:
Post a Comment