As most of you know, Rod tore up our dining room while I was gone. He said he had to have a "big" project because I was gone for 9 days. Here are some pics.
This is a picture of the foyer as I found it when I got home. The dining room table is standing up behind the serving table (which I use as my changing table for Carson). Carson likes to bang the tabletop as I am changing his diaper. The kitchen has the hutch on the one wall with the little table right in front of it. So needless to say, cleaning is a mute point at this time. I have several layers of construction dust on anything. My sewing room was also cluttered. I am working on getting that settled so I can stand to be in there.This picture is the work in progress in the dining room. He hopes to get it all done this weekend including the hardwood floor. I am skeptical, to say the least. Patty was going to come next week for a visit, but I don't think we will get the house back in order and have time to clean. I hated cancelling, but could feel the stress building, and knew she would understand.
While Jan and I were in Texas, we got to do a lot of fun things. My favorite thing was to go to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. I love flowers and gardens and this was just beautiful - even in January!
Courtesy of Jan, we got to ride the boat through the canal and learned a lot of neat history of this area. It was just delightful!The next day we drove to the beach and we got to take some great walks along the beach. Jim and I went out on monday late afternoon while there was a heavy fog over the whole area. It was really different to walk with the sky overcast and foggy. When we got back, our hair was dripping wet from the heavy fog.
Jim took us to a fantastic restaurant called Texas de Brazil. They have a fantastic salad bar with really gourmet items and seafood. Then after you have eaten enough of that, they come around with metal posts and will cut off hot seared meat and place it on your plates. They had beef, chicken, pork and I think some seafood. Wow, was it great. I was surprised that the flank steak was my favorite over the filet steak! Thanks Jim and Kay for a really wonderful time!




No comments:
Post a Comment