Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heading out

I am packing today for 9 days in Texas with Jan and Jim.  I am excited to see them and spend some great quality time together.  Jim has most everyday planned out already.

As I am getting ready to leave, I always seem to get a heavy heart.  I will miss Rod, my bed, the quiet, cooking, laundry (you know-routine).  Anyone who knows me, knows I get anxious about any trip.  I try to just enjoy the adventure, but there is always a part of me that is apprehensive and a little scared.  Silly, I know, but I have always been this way. 

So I am all packed and by my calculations, my suitcase is not over in weight!  I tried to pack for most anything and any weather.  I have my knitting bag all set up and switched to a smaller purse for travel. 

Let the adventure begin - on thursday morning, that is!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you have a great time and enjoy being out of a routine, it can be fun sometimes :) Don't forget how to knit while your gone tho! Every time I knit I will pray for you that your having a great time, which you know me I will be praying a lot!

knitpic said...

I will be gone 9 days. I wonder how many socks you will get done and how many times you will get to run on treadmill? Keep in touch-I can still text!