Friday, January 14, 2011

Counting my blessings!

Rod has been out of town all week and that is always sad for me.  I vowed to be at peace with it, as I have no other choice and should look for the good in it. 

Jan called me and I had dinner with her and Rita monday night - that was great fun!

We got a lot of snow and I went out to shovel before Carrie came one morning.  There was more snow than I realized and it was a lot colder than I thought.  Yes, I wore my face cover that James gave me, but I still came in hurting badly and had to use the inhaler and was in pain for days.  I prayed then that God would provide a snow plower to me that day.  Julie asked if I thought one would just come knocking at my door.  Carrie called her guy and he was at my house within a half hour - yes, one did just come knocking at my door!

I was tired of not really eating meals so I went to Applebea's all by myself.  I downloaded a new book to my phone and I was reading that when my food was delivered.  Then I heard someone say "They will let anyone in here, won't they?".  It was Libby and Jack King.  They joined me for dinner and we had a great 2 hour visit!  What a treat once again!

Today I was going through my saved movies on the dvr and found one I didn't remember saving.  As I was watching that movie, commercials kept coming on saying that it was a brand new station offering faith based movies.  Not sure how that movie got on my dvr, but I am putting the word out that there is a tv station that started recently that has good family movies.  Check it out:  ParablesTV.com 

Maizie asked me to knit a sweater for her dolly this week.  How cute is that!  Another blessing for me this week!  I am almost done with it.  I am anxious to pick out the button and finish it off.



So yes Rod has been gone all week, but I can see blessings a plenty and will remember that God has truly blessed me!

1 comment: