I have been an empty nester for several years now and it is funny how after the holidays, I want to put everything away and do the female nesting technique. You know what I mean; clean, organize, eliminate. Basically simplify everything in sight.
This year has been no different, but maybe more fun. We have been in this house for over a year and I am feeling at home. (I think the shower helped, the bath just isn't for me) I have been going through all the downstairs rooms and clearing out excess. Wow, it feels so good! The living room has no coffee table right now and nothing extra (except my knitting, of course). All of Rod's things are hidden behind his chair, too. The room feels so open and peaceful. So yesterday I did the dining room. I have grand desires to get it painted, and soon! Rod took down all the Christmas decorations over the weekend and I was pretty adamant about what went back in there. The trunk and child's rocker. Very simple. He then brought down all my teddy bears that have been packed away. Not sure if I like the crowdedness of it, but am letting it grow on me.
So, now what is left is the sewing room. Ugh! This could be a problem. So much furniture but all of it has a purpose. So I guess all I can do is to straighten it up and organize better. Painting is a noble desire of mine as well. Anyone know a good painter that will work for homemade bread or a lap quilt? Ha Ha!
I believe God wants us to simplify and organize our hearts as well. I am often so overloaded that I know I miss encouraging someone because I am in a hurry or feeling insecure. Slowing down for me seems to give me a confidence in all I do. I am generally a fast mover, but am really wanting to slow down and enjoy everyday and all that God has in store for me. Why miss any one of His blessings? I guess this might be my New Year's resolution if I was inclined to declare one!
Have a "beary" nice day!

No comments:
Post a Comment