This week I have gotten reaquainted with my sewing room. I embroidered several kitchen towels for my Bible study ladies. We did a topical study this year and so I found a design that displayed one of the topics. I thought it would be a fun reminder of our study, fellowship, and that they can haave the confidence to look up a topic on there own and discover new truths for themselves.
Then I did several kitchen towels for Mandy as she has been after me for some time. And at the end of the month we are going to Julie's so I am making some for her. Besides all that, I promised Mandy 10 fabric bags embroidered with Sesame Street characters for Jackson's 2 year birthday party. These are kinda stressful because you have to manipulate the bag under the sewing needle while bag is in the hoop.
If you can see it, I moved the treadle to the window. I can let the embroidery machine do its thing and then I can be sewing on a kid's quilt on the treadle. I also have a basket of knitting under the serger in case I get bored. I kinda feel like I am out of control! (in a good way)
I have enjoyed my time this week in my sewing room. I knew it would be short lived. I am going with Rod to PA next week. I have lots of hand projects and reading packed ready to go. That will be fun because I have not done much of that at all this week. And I won't have to cook or clean all week!

3 comments:
How exciting to be able to multi-task on your crafts! Can't wait to get some towels!
And yay for no cleaning or cooking all week!
Julie, your blog could use an update! How about pics and thoughts about your storm last weekend. Seems like that storm and life lessons could intertwine! Just thinking...
I see what you mean now, I thought you wrote something in your blog! I understand that your comment was only to harass me! Just like I told Mandy, I would rather Skype in my spare time.
Although the storm/life post is a good idea!
Post a Comment