Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life

We are here at Julie's in NC.  Having a great time eating, going to beach and catching up.  While here Lily has renewed her interest in knitting and Julie has begun a new project a little more suited to her life.  Of course, that tickles me.

Yesterday we went to the beach with Julie.  It was a picture perfect day.  I felt so blessed to be there and having some quality time with Julie.  We ended the day with a great dinner at a restaurant right on the beach.  I love the way fresh fruits and veggies are so available here.  Yummo!

I have been reading a new series of Amish books.  I often look for words of wisdom and encouragement.  I finished the second in the series yesterday and will begin the third (at the beach).  I keep asking myself why I enjoy those books even more that knitting novels etc.  The answer always is the same:  they keep me grounded and focused on what is really important.  The amish have many things wrong with their culture, but for me, I am able to glean real bits of wisdom and integrate them into my life.  They have a beautiful sense of modesty that I admire.  With that modesty also comes a careful process of what they allow to occupy their time.  I am a huge time waster! 

So as I continue in this major decadent vacation, I am pondering my life when I return to little Copley, Ohio. 

Get organized as in daily, weekly, and monthly.
Create a complete cleaning and work schedule.
List of real needs and desires.
Identify and organize projects in order of importance.
Create a healthy menu notebook that will give me plenty of ideas for when I am alone and when Rod is home.
Focus on the positives of my life, and give the rest to the Lord.

Some of these items I had started, but never really followed through. 

Starting on wednesday, May 11, I will begin the summer Ladies Bible Study.  I am so pleased that my spring group of ladies really wanted to continue right through the summer.  I am also a little disappointed that I don't feel the church backing on this which really means I once again don't feel any support or encouragement from them.  And this brings me back to why I read Amish novels!  Why do I look to the church for a pat on the back or for popularity?  Why, Why, and Why?  Why do I feel I am not useful based on other people encouraging me?  Who is it I really serve?  Why God, of course.  The amish do things based on humility and pleasing God.  I need to let go of self and just serve with that heart. 

That is my prayer as I do some more soul searching here in NC!

No comments: