We are still at Julie's and I have had a couple things stick with me that I am trying to let go of.
One is that I sent two bags of items to APS and included a note on a sheet of yellow legal paper asking them to please contact me via one of the many ways listed to let me know which items were things they can use, and which ones were not really good for them. I wanted to have clear direction as to the knitting and sewing I do for them as I feel this is such a great ministry for me. Unfortunately, I have heard nothing. I am disappointed and a little discouraged. Maybe they don't care for any of it. I know that the mature thing is to call them and find out, but a part of me feels they should follow up. Guess my answer is that I am not mature! Gonna have to ponder that one!
Second, I am continuing Ladies Bible Study in the summer at our church and have put an announcement in the weekly "News and Notes" at church. We start next wednesday. Several emails have come out of our church this week and not one reminder of the Bible Study but every other activity had a reminder.
I guess I am a little hurt and disappointed that I am not feeling validated or encouraged. Well now, doesn't that sound silly and petty!? True, but I still feel this way!
On a lighter note, while here at Julie's I saw her Cuisinart blender/food processor. I got very interested in seeing it because my blender lid leaks everytime I use it and I have no food processor (gave my big ones to Megan and Mandy as they use them way more that I was). So while here, I went online and found a white unit like Julie's half price on amazon - Oh yeah, ordered! Rod said was my Mother's Day gift! How sweet (and easy) for him. Since we don't usually get each other a Md/Fd gift, I will take it!
So I am anxious to get home and get chopping, blending, whirring and stirring! Gonna be fun AND healthy!
And by the way, we are having a really nice time at Julie's. Very relaxed. Been to beach, some shopping, some great seafood and just nice family time. Will be so sad to head home. We will get in a quick visit with Megan on sunday, so that will help.
Monday Rod heads to Pa again and I am gonna move some of my sewing room items into our new "dining room". We got chatting and the current sewing room lighting is horrible and is also the next room to be updated. So I will move into "dining room" and may just make it permanent. I am excited about the great lighting and the hardwood floor - my sewing chair will be smokin'!
I am also thinking that the weather has finally broke and I can get busy outside. Anxious to see what plants survived our winter and what areas need new plants to fill in and make beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment