Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crazy week!

I just read Megan's post and felt like we had had very similar weeks.  Rod was out of town all week and I had a major "To Do" list ready.  Having just gotten home from 10 days with Julie, there was a lot of catch up work waiting for me.

I love lists.  I love lists.  And yes, I love "To Do" lists.  I keep a notebook just so I can cross off items on my "To Do" list.  Okay, not really, but it is one of my motivators of the notebook.  I also keep my Bible Study Work, my grocery list, my prayer list, my project list and my meal idea list in my notebook.  Yes, I have my trusty blackberry, but there is just something about keeping a physical list that I love.  Plus Megan made me a beautiful cover and Mandy made my gorgeous dividers so the notebook itself makes me happy!



So anyway, back to connecting with Megan's blog.  I had my "To Do" list all ready come last monday morning.  I was ready to get busy and started laundry, spent most of day weeding and then went and bought some flowers for front porch.  By 3:00 pm I was done and smartly sat in my chair and knitted knowing that the next day would bring more tasks to complete.

I went out front and weeded for half hour and then talked myself into getting cleaned up and going to the kniting group that meets down the street on tuesday mornings.  They were surprised to see me and we had fun catching up for about a half hour.  Then I got "the call".   You know the one: you just have a feeling that when you answer it is gonna change your day.  Rita called to ask me to come to Akron General as Jan needed me.  So I spent the next couple days hanging out with Jan.  Nothing got done on my "To Do" list.  Dishes piled up in the sink; the clean laundry still sat in the basket in my sewing room...  But, I had a really sweet time with Jan.  We really talked and hung out.  I knitted and she played on her new IPad.  I wouldn't trade that time for anything.  The list is still there and maybe this monday I will start anew!

Last night I watched 2020 on ABC.  They did a story on this couple who were in a plane crash.  You can watch the episode on ABC.com/2020.  I would recommend watching there story.  It will inspire you.  I have also signed up for her blog and you can see her listed in blogs I follow. It is "nienie".  Sounds kinda familiar!

Again, after watching her story, I am reminded that lists are fun, but relationships are so much more rewarding and worthy of our time.

Our summer Bible Study started this week and we began looking at Ephesians.  I am so excited because we learned that Paul wanted to encourage Ephesus to continue to grow in their wisdom and knowledge of God.  We have been given a beautiful gift and should cherish it. 

So this week I learned that God has blessed me and I am living in His "Best" for me.

PS. Here is the project I worked on sitting with Jan.  It is so fun to do and I think will be so pretty to wear as a scarf or wrap/shawl.

No comments: