My poor Rosemary plants are barely hanging on and are anxious to get outside as well. I also bought the basil and thyme plant sticks.
Last week Jan and I went to Amish country and I saw alot of the same things. Apparently it is ok now to use silk flowers because they are everywhere. I went to Joann's and found some pretty ones that I came home and put in pots with rocks (so they don't tip over or blow away) and put on the front porch.

So I feel happy every time I see my flowers even if they are pretend. They remind me spring is coming. And those are Maizie's garden shoes that she outgrew. Don't think she will ever get them back!
Last week Jan, Rita and I went to Amish Country. Everything down there is geared to spring as well. I found these cute items and was not sure what to do with them when I got home. While Sandy and I were next door at the gift shop, I saw my items displayed. So here is my version:
You can't really see it, but they are under the glass dome of my cake plate. It looked so cute in the store, that I came home and did it in my dining room. I can just hear my dad saying "Why do you have a bird and bird's nest on your cake plate?" Being as I am not creative, I can't explain why it looks cute, I just know I like it! Can't wait for dining room to be done so I can do some more "copying".



2 comments:
So glad you are finally getting into spring! Our spring is definitely here, the rain is currently attempting to wash all the yellow pollen off of EVERYTHING! But once this round is done, we should be good! Love your new little finds, I've never been in that store! Sounds cute!
Your keeping the eggs warm and waiting for them to hatch!
Post a Comment