Monday, March 19, 2012

Three weeks home

We have just returned from two weeks in florida which was a great vaca.  The week in Miami was so wonderful being just Rod and I.  We really had some great talks and brainstorming times.

So now I am home for three weeks and want to complete my spring cleaning in that time.  I will start in the kitchen and have so much to do.  I may end up spending three weeks in there!  First off, time to take everything out of cupboards to wipe them out.  Then rethinking the locations of everything since I have my new island.  I am going to take a lot of my pfaltzgraph serving pieces downstairs to the cupboard that used to be in the kitchen.  I can organize them well and find what I need quickly without taking up valuable space in my kitchen.

I have pretty much completed teaching Bible study and am happy to begin my own study.  I loved reading the Word  the way God taught me 5 years ago, and am now going to start in Matthew and go through the whole New Testament slowly.  I found some great notebooks at walmart on clearance with the spiral at the top so I never have to rest my hand on it while writing.

We went to Mandy's church yesterday and her pastor had a great sermon on being a radical believer.  We are to refuse to follow tradition for tradition sake.  Love as Christ loves and speak up the truth when I can.  His truth.  This compelled me to really ponder, "do I know His truth enough to confidently speak up"?  I believe by doing the New Testament study slowly on my own, I will have a much better understanding of what His truth is and how I am to be living for Him.

I am starting a new knitting class with two of my friends.  We will begin tomorrow with lunch at Penera then off to Joanns to pick up needles and cotton yarn.  I will have them start by knitting a simple square for a dishrag.  We will learn how to read yarn labels and go from there.  Should be a lot of fun with these two!

No comments: