Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life is always changing

I feel like the only thing constant in my life is change!  I know that this is probably a good thing.  I have been feeling bored and like I had no life.  Now, today that is all changing.

Today is my last day to teach Ladies Bible Study.  We are ending for this term and I am not sure about the fall. I have really wanted to go visit my girls more and Rod had asked me to travel more with him.  Doesn't anyone realize I am a homebody?  Ok, that could be my real problem.  I love to be home sewing, knitting, cooking and all that.  I pretty much have no one to cook for as Rod and I eat very simply and no kids live nearby for me to invite over.  My other hobbies, I have learned are completely portable!

Getting ready to travel, we have figured out ways to safely tote my machines to go!  I have projects stacked and ready to load.  I have my knitting bag all filled with supplies.  I have 100's of books on my nook.  I have my closet all organized and put pics on my phone of my fav outfits.

So all this to say, I am ready for travel.  I felt like I should say that I am ready for change...Nope, can't say that.  I am adapting to the life God has given me.  I hope it is temporary, but want to roll with it instead of fighting it.

With Bible study being over (after this morning), I am excited to just simply read God's Word.  I want to slow down and enjoy the treasure that it is to me.  To read it and chew on it and read it again.  No notes, no pressure, just quiet reflection.  To allow God to fill me with His quiet peace and gentle spirit.  Then, I know I will be able to say I am ready for change and whatever God has for me!





No comments: