Did I really put that in my title? Change is what I know.
My last entry has been resolved. Rod will travel for 2 months and I will go with him on three of those trips. He will be so tired working in NJ and in Akron. We hope to get to the trailer each weekend so he can rest up.
This weekend Mandy and her gang will be here. I spent this week catching up on laundry, ironing, and cleaning. One thing has bugged me for a while and I finally took care of it. The foyer woodwork needed a good scrubbing! I changed my water 5 times because it got so black. I am not sure it looks any different, but I know it is cleaner. It feels good!
As I look around, there is so much that needs a routine cleaning. I remember when my mom went through the house and tore apart every room and cleaned. It drove me crazy. But, I remember how clean felt. Peaceful! I have ordered my new Amy Knapp Christian Calendar and Organizer for the rest of this year and 2013. I am going to list a cleaning schedule and try to keep up. I have really been discontent living in this old house and I really think that discontent comes because I feel like it is so dirty. We are seriously considering tearing out the carpet because it is so dusty. The floors underneath are not good, but eventually we would put down something new. I am just not sure I could live with even worse looking floors.
In my quiet time, I continue to read 1 Timothy. I can't seem to move on. There is so much in it that grabs me and causes me to ponder. The verse I have been studying is 1 Timothy 1:5 "The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a genuine faith." It goes on to say to avoid meaningless discussions about things we have no clear instruction. So often I fuss and feel guilty about "things". Here I am seeing that we should be filled with love. That love comes when we keep a pure heart; a clear conscience; and a genuine faith.
That causes me to stop and meditate on pure heart; clear conscience; and genuine faith. Confession comes to mind. Understand where and when I have not had a pure heart (motives, sincerity, joy, thankfulness, critical spirit...). Acknowledge my impure heart and move on. Embrace a clear conscience. Each day is new. Genuine faith comes as an end result. Pure heart causes me to seek a clear conscience; this then frees me to really live a faithfilled life with joy.
So back to Rod's new assignment. Yeah, I was mad and disappointed. But, as I have looked at this verse, I see that was not a good attitude. Honest, but still, I needed to move on. I really was not wanting to travel as much, and this allows me more time home. I am thankful for that! I will trust that God's hand is on this situation and I will embrace each day with joy.
That has been my new mindset. Embrace each day with joy. I refuse to think about long term because I am frustrated with what I want my life to be vs what it actually is! I can let discontent simmer just under the surface and permeate every aspect of my life. I instead am looking at what I need to do today; what I want to do after that, and enjoy each task.
I love the saying "Joy comes in the morning". Remember the verse: each morning seek a pure heart, clear conscience and live a life of genuine faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment