Monday, July 2, 2012

My plans

So today I went to church to do some work, and someone asked me how my summer was going.  I laughed and said that I felt God was telling me to throw out my daytimer!  Anyone who knows me, knows I love to keep my daytimer notebook.  I keep my projects listed, my daily calendar, my chore list, even a section with menu and snack ideas.  I just love feeling organized.  That is what motivates me to do things.  If I didn't keep this notebook, I would probably sit and knit watching netflix all day.  However, for all my planning, life still changes.

Last week we were in NJ and I had two great days hanging out in a yarn shop and making new friends.  Came home with lots of lists and plans for this week.  Rod was only working two days and then off for the 4th of July holiday.  We planned to go to camp, Put In Bay, and do projects here at home.  But, on sunday morning he got a call from his boss; go to WV to work for the week.  That means long and hot days for him.  It also means he won't be able to take any time off this week.  So disappointing.  And who knows what next week will bring!

So you see, I hear God telling me to make my plans but learn to be flexible.  This week I had set up to have a friends daughter come help me clean today.  That is so great.  I can spend the rest of the week doing things as I am able and not feel guilty.  I love that.

So my list for this week is to get the ironing caught up, and just get settled because I need to be ready for the next big adventure!

No comments: