Sunday, July 22, 2012

What is next?

We arrived safely home and had a nice weekend out at the trailer.  Pastor Bill spoke a great message about being about the work God has called us to and that is Love God and love your neighbor.  I am just not sure about teaching in the fall.  I realize now how exhausting it is and I take it very seriously.  So for now, I don't think I will be teaching.  I sense that I need to take some time and just be in the Word.  Beyond that, I am really wanting to get back to what brings me joy everyday.  So of course, I ask myself, what would that be?

The answer is easy and comes quickly.  I love to sew and knit for others, for charity and people with need.  I have just finished three sets of baby sweaters, hats and booties and am so excited for next project.  I will continue making hats for all the mittens I got from Walmart.  These go to foster kids as well as anyone who I hear has a need.

And...
                                                  
This is my next adventure!  A daughter of a friend at church is having a baby soon and asked about cloth diapers.  I saw Mandy's and thought they looked awful easy to sew.  Well, I am gonna find out!  I went to Joann's (with my coupons on my phone) and bought fabric, elastic and velcro to make several diaper covers.  I have several yards of white flannel that can be used for the soaker lining.  I will get to use my new-used serger.  I saved $30 by using the coupons that Megan and I signed up to receive through an app on our phones.  That is so slick, just show the clerk your phone and she took numerous discounts off my total.

So I will post photos of my first diaper when completed.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You should start making some of those diaper covers in bigger sizes so in a few years you can wear them over your depends!!!! hahahahahaha! just a little slap silly over with shane out of town!