Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Diapers delivered!

Last night was the baby shower for Ashley.  So now I can move on.  I discovered that Children's services does not need hat and mittens this fall so I will be taking my stash to Haven of Rest or to some local schools.  If you know of any other organizations in need, please let me know.

I have been asked to participate in helping some women sew by making aprons.  This would be a good way to use up some of Mother in laws fabric.  Also Penny asked for more totes for the foster kids.

I was able to work out in the flower beds this week for the first time in months because it has been so hot.  It felt wonderful to weed and water.  I got 3/4 the way around the house.  Hope to finish this weekend.  I weeded and trimmed up and then finished off with some more peat moss.  I do peat instead of mulch because I don't like working around mulch and peat will actually help the soil.

I did a major purge this week while Rod is out of town.  I loaded my car for the goodwill with old videos and books.  I had watched a couple "Hoarders" and felt compelled at 8:30 at night to get R done!  I was laughing at myself.  While watching the show, I kept thinking if something happened to me, I would hate to leave so much junk for someone to get rid of.  Silly, but it was great motivation.  As I am walking around the house, I decide if I "really need that item" in my house.  I continue this purge in all areas of my life.   I am really sensing that clearing out clutter frees me to enjoy what is left.  Sometimes it is hard to decide what I need and what I just want.  Sometimes 'want' is ok, but often it is in the way!  Like activities.  I have resigned from teaching, but have been attending prayer meeting on wednesday nights.  I am enjoying it and look forward to continuing.  After finishing the diapers, I found I had time to start some lap quilts.  Penny can use these as well as several other organizations.

So all this to say, that I am enjoying my projects and getting organized.

No comments: