First off, all my tech devices seemed to have drained batteries often and I was having to work off a chord or constantly keep changing which device I could use. It got pretty annoying. But, I was having fun...
Then I realized that Mandy and James were coming soon for a visit and I had promised Maizie that I would try to have her pair of socks done that she had asked me to make. I was barely started on the second sock. Well, that caused me to put everything away and get knitting. As I was working on the second sock, I found I felt quite at peace. I either had Pandora on with music like Natalie Grant or Serah, or I watched a movie on netflix. I was so tickled with how much progress I could make in an hour or so.
Do you see where I am going with this...
We only have so many minutes in each day. Was I really doing what I felt was most important or fun? I saw how much time I was spending checking the game status and keeping devices charged. Kinda seemed like a waste of time for me when I have so many other things waiting to get done. So I lined up some of my current projects for pictures. Pictures that I post only as a reminder of what I can be doing instead of the tech games. For me, this is what brings me joy.

These are my current projects. The lap quilts are for gifts. The pumpkins are for my girls. The socks are for Maizie. The circle is the yarn project that Rod bought me for my birthday. It is called "Swirl" and is a beautiful sweater with a shawl collar. I have a long way to go, but am determined to finish it. The puzzle is for me! I really enjoy working on them, and must admit I get annoyed when Rod sits down and gets some done! But then I realize that at the end, I can smile knowing we both worked on it and I can start another one!
And other thing I enjoy is to knit for charity. Here is a pic of some completed projects:
I will use this post as a reminder to me of what is most important and fun for me. I am easily distracted!




No comments:
Post a Comment