Anyone who knows me, knows I love to clean and rearrange furniture. When I am done, I can see that it is clean and different. This always has made me happy - even if I put it all back in a couple days!
We have lived in this house for a few years now and I have not been able to rearrange the living room in any way. Last saturday Rod and I got talking about maybe staying here, buying a smaller trailer and when he retires, travel etc. - use this house as home base. Well (can you just hear me?) I said that if we were staying then we needed to purge and fix up! Oh yeah, right between the eyes with the truth! I am laughing because it really wasn't like that, but still, I am happy I got to put it out there!
So we walked around the house and decided what could go and what we could live with for now. We txted Rita and she came and got the second crib. When more babies come, they get the pack and play. I went through more books and took a whole car load to the Goodwill as well and several boxes of VHS tapes. Oh wow, it felt great!
So another area of frustration is the living room. I can't put the furniture any other way and the walls really need something done to them. I have definately settled in on hanging an embossed wallpaper because it will hide the flaws and will be less time consuming than hanging new drywall (maybe a project for mr. retiree in a couple years). So I am going to go on a search at January's and look for said wallpaper. In order to be able to rearrange the living room, Rod is going to move the cable and wireless router to another wall. We really hate the black tv stand we have and went looking last night for an oak one with glass doors. We think we found one we like at Wayside. We were not sure about space availability so we had to come home and measure. This will allow us to put the room just as Grandpa and Grandma Snyder had it-their chairs facing the front window. It was a mistake taking Rod to furniture store-now he wants a Grandfather's clock because he is a grandpa and we are living in Grandpa's house (his reasoning). Oh dear!
And I want to end this with a huge thank you (totally unrelated to above subject matter). Megan and Amanda have been updating their blogs, and it makes me so happy to sign on and see a new post! Thank you girls for making me smile! I know as all of you are busy raising your families, it gets harder to keep in touch. I am very thankful for all the ways you make an effort! Love all my girls and their fams.
No comments:
Post a Comment