Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My outing

Yesterday, I had signed up for shuttle to the Blue Purl.  When I went downstairs, I was surprised that instead of the ugly green van, I was driven in a black cadi limo.  Just a car, but fancy for me!  When I walked into the yarn shop, the owner, Maura, couldn't have been nicer.  It was so much fun.  None of the ladies that I had met the last time came in, but I met lots of new women.  Funny, knitters are all alike across the world.  We talked about yarn, projects, grandkids, hot flashes, yarn, projects, knitting needles, grandkids... You get the picture.  Nothing earth shattering, but somehow we all feel connected because of life and knitting.                 So as I am typing, for some reason the enter button is not working - so this will be one long paragraph.  I wanted to report back (for all of you waiting with baited breath) what I found to knit with the aqua yarn and,  yarn for the cowl pattern.                                            So I went into the shop disciplined to get a charcoal   grey yarn for the cowl cuz it would match both my coats.  Well, when I saw this multi pink yarn, I had to get it instead.  Maybe someday I will make a grey one!  It was a little confusing getting started (or maybe that was because of all the interfacing us ladies were doing!)  But, I finally got it started correctly and off I went.  I was very tired when Rod called at 4 to pick me up.  So the aqua yarn was a stinker to find a pattern to work with that yarn.  No vest was to be found.  Finally spotted a shawl that is really pretty.  I needed a difficult project because my Swirl sweater is pretty easy.  The name of the pattern is Shaelyn by Leila Raabe.  I got it off ravelry.

1 comment:

Chartering New Waters said...

Well at least the yarn is being used! Can't wait to see the finished product!