Monday, August 30, 2010

Amish Country

As you know, Rod and I went to amish country on saturday for our 34th wedding anniversary.  First stop was Lehman Hardware and the flea market.  At the flea market I got a very new Emerill small stir fry skillet for $8-bargain; and a musical button toy for Carson for $1.50.  then we were off to the Bent and Dent store we all love so much.  I spent $50 there and you know that means a lot of food!
We also hit the Ashery for some supplies.  So after we got home, we put everything not refrigerated onto the dining room table.  It completely covered the table with bags and boxes.  It was crazy.  I kept thinking of that show "Hoarders"!  Too funny!  So of course, we immediately left for the trailer!  What a mess to come home to on sunday afternoon.  I spent several hours on sunday getting it organized and put away.  I changed up the cupboards in the mudroom and here is a pic of it now:

I love that I can now see how many cans of corn or diced tomatoes I have.  Found I need some more beans... you get the idea.   Rod also finished painting the back screen door and it looks really nice too.  We are gonna slap white paint over all the cupboards this winter.  I also had some baked good supplies to put away.  So while I was at it, I organized that cupboard.  I put all my flours out in the pantry cupboard and just have other baking supplies in the kitchen cupboard now.  So organized and easy to see what I have.

The bottom shelf of this cupboard is also home to some things I use everyday.

We also went to the Charm Boot and Harness Store.  We love that place as they have some really great deals.  Rod was disappointed he could not find a pair he liked.  I had no trouble!  I found two very comfy everyday shoes: one pair black and one pair brown.  I am thinking about shoe polishing over the white stitching on the the black ones.

So all in all, it was a fabulous day.  The weather was 83 and sunny.  The scenery was great and of course we pigged out on broasted chicken, mashed potatoes and salad  bar!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Don't cover the stitching that is adorable. And I LOVE your can pantry! How fun. I was happy to see peanut butter whip on the "every day" shelf. ha ha ha!

knitpic said...

Wow, you really looked! That is funny.