Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God always blesses us when we need it the most

What a tough day yesterday was with Nancy calling to say goodby.

However, God has really blessed me through my siblings through that difficult day.  Today I have gotten such a sweet amount of calls and through the terrible tragedy of Nancy's call, I have been blessed by reconnecting with family.  Why do we let time slip away between contacts?

But I get ahead of myself.  I got Nancy's voicemail when I walked into the Mustard Seed Grocery Store.  I had picked up some goodies I was hungry for and could not leave till I paid for them.  So I had to stand in the cereal isle talking to my  family (crying) about what to do about Nancy.  It is funny to me now that I would not just walk out and come back later.  I wonder how many people walked around me to get cereal seeing me losing it in the grocery store.  How long till I dare go back in that store?  And then the checkout clerk asked me how my day was?!  Are you kidding?  Clearly she didn't look me in the eye (red and dripping).  Now I just can't help but chuckle.  I do thank God for my sense of humor!

Here is my lunch for today.  Looks yummy, doesn't it!
Before my episode in Mustard Seed, I had gone to the new Hobby Lobby and found these gold pillows.  I love them because they totally look like something Rod's grandma would have had at this house.

So to end this blog, I just want to say that today I am smiling because I found out today I have a knitting stalker who wants me for my brain.  Yes, that is exactly what she said!  I now have a knitting date with Patty and Mickey on August 31.  They want to learn to knit socks on one circular sock needle.  I can already hear the cackling (as my dad would say about women) and the laughter!  Gonna be fun!

Out of every bad, God can give us blessings and joy!

3 comments: