Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My new chair! (This ones for Shirley)

I found this rocking chair pad at Home Depot and like the gold, burgandy and blue in the design.  With the new lamps, I am always looking for ways to bring in blue into my living room.  While Shirley was here we looked at lots of fabrics at Joann's and she helped me pick out one really nice one.  Then soon after that, I found this chair pad and thought I would try it.  I put it on the chair on saturday, and just didn't think it went in the room.  I got up this morning not feeling well because a thunderstorm is coming, and really wanted to sit in my rocker.  So I brought it back into living room and put this pad back on.  When Carrie brought Carson, she really like the pad and the colors.  It doesn't go so well with the flowers of the lamps, but she said to keep it, that it looks really cool.  So I guess I am!

I bought a dark pink coat in September of last year and could never find a yarn that I really like to make a scarf and mittens.  When our new Hobby Lobby opened, I found this yarn.  Funny the yarn is called "Love this yarn".  Well, I sure wasn't sure I would like it.  I was anxious to see it knitted up.  The wrapper said it had stripes.  I saw a lot of grey, black and a tiny bit of pink.  I had seen a pattern on Stephanie Pearl McFees website where she knitted a scarf using just Yo, K2tog.  So I cast on an even number of stitches and kept 4 knitted stitches on each side while yo, k2tog the rest of every row.  Here is the scarf so far:


I am making it plenty wide and plenty long.  You can't really see the pink, but it matches pretty well. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the rocking chair cushion!! Love love love the scarf, looks super cute with your coat!

P.S. My scarf is cuter!

knitpic said...

I like your scarf but was not ready to do another one yet. I have some other yarn that I may do one next; it has more black in it and not as warm a yarn. I am gonna make matching mittens for the current scarf too!