Rod was taking my car for a spin last saturday to heat it up in order to change the oil. I began to wonder what had happened to him, as he was gone for a while. My phone rang and he said he was sending a picture of some lamps he found at a nearby garage sale. Keep in mind, I had bought new lamps for the living room a couple of months ago!

So here is one of the three lamps. They have a good bit of blue and some brown in them. I really do love them, but was not sure how to bring blue into the living room. He was so proud of buying these for me, that I never could have said no. My head began to spin thinking of what I could do. I went through all my pictures and found the ones that had been in one of our guest rooms. So I put those up and took down anything with burgandy in it. I found some blue accents and then added some cream things. Overall, I am happy with the look.
As you can see, Lizzy likes it. She is throwing her toy, wanting to play!
Rod said that these lamps saved him hundreds of dollars! He paid about $100 for all three. We have looked at them in Lehman Hardward and each one runs about $250. May not have picked out the blue, but when you think of how thoughtful and sweet he was to buy them for me, I can learn to incorporate blue into my living room!
I would like to add some flowers around the room and will wait for Mandy to do that. The lamps are really large and I also got one for the foyer.
No comments:
Post a Comment